Budding new artist Morgan Myles released a new music video for her single "Knew Love" and... VIEW ALL
MegaPick: Kane Brown, 'Experiment'
Brown's sophomore album is finally here, and just as good as we anticipated!
Written by: MegaCountry Staff. Photo Credit: Erica Hernandez, MegaCountry
Kane Brown’s sophomore album, Experiment, is here and it is amazing throughout all twelve songs.
Brown, who had a hand in writing all but one of the songs on the LP, explains the album as a diverse combination of sounds, “If I want to have a long career, instead of doing what other people want, I knew I had to do what I love, experiment with sounds and see what people gravitate towards… It’s all over the place, that why we called it ‘Experiment’.”
With singles including “Homesick” and “Lose It,” the album covers topics of love, politics, and more. The love songs on the album are all inspired by his new wife, Katelyn Jae. Watch the beautiful video from their wedding day for “Good As You” below:
The track garnering the most attention is “American Bad Dream,” which Brown wrote with Sam Ellis, Josh Hoge, and Chase McGill. The song tackles the topic of gun violence and school shootings. Brown told Rolling Stone about the song, “It was like, ‘Why are y’all shooting up these schools?’ I mean, they’re kids. They’re goin’ to school to learn. It was never anything I had to worry about when I was in school. All I had to worry about was just doin’ me and just doin’ what I wanted to do. Just watchin’ on the news today, I don’t even know if I wanna send my kids to school. I’ll probably just homeschool ’em if today is how it was.”
Experiment Track Listing:
- Baby Come Back to Me (Kane Brown, Chase McGill, Matthew McGinn, Will Weatherly)
- Good as You (Brown, Brock Berryhill, Shy Carter, Taylor Phillips, Weatherly)
- Lose It (Brown, McGill, Weatherly)
- It Ain’t You It’s Me (Brown, Berryhill, Josh Hoge, Phillips)
- Short Skirt Weather (Brown, McGill, Weatherly)
- Homesick (Brown, Berryhill, McGinn, Phillips)
- Weekend (Brown, McGill, Weatherly)
- Work (Brown, Sam Ellis, Hoge)
- One Night Only (Brown, Corey Crowder, Hoge, McGinn)
- My Where I Come From (Brown, McGill, McGinn, Weatherly)
- American Bad Dream (Brown, Ellis, Hoge, McGill)
- Live Forever (Ellis, Jon Green, Laura Veltz)