Ladies and gentlemen, get ready for your next wedding song! Blake Shelton’s new single... VIEW ALL
MegaPick: Thomas Rhett
Rhett's new album 'Life Changes' is full of songs that highlight the best is yet to come!
Thomas Rhett's newest album, Life Changes, came out today and offers a montage of pop beats and country lyrics that piece together to highlight the best of both genres. The 14-track album features collaborations with Marren Morris and Rhett Akins.
The album title is astoundingly relevant to Thomas Rhett's life. He and his wife, Lauren Akins, very well might take the crown for most changes in a year. They adopted their first daughter, Willa Gray, earlier this year, and then welcomed home their newest baby girl, Ada James, last month. Although these changes have had a large impact on his life, Rhett began writing for the project long before he even knew that these changes would happen. In an article with The Boot, Rhett says that he and his team began writing for this album before his second one even released, while he and Lauren were still in the adopting process.
Rhett's duet with Marren Morris and lead single “Craving You" hit No. 1 on the charts before the album even released. In addition, Rhett released three more pre-release tracks from Life Changes including “Life Changes," “Grave," and “Sixteen." Other gems from the album include:
“Marry Me" is a slow ballad that will break your heart, listening to the story of a man watching the girl he loves marry someone else. (“I'll wear my black suit, black tie, hide out in the back / I'll do a strong shot of whiskey straight out the flask / I'll try to make it through without crying' / So nobody sees / Yeah, she wanna get married / But she don't wanna marry me")
“Leave Right Now" incorporates heavy pop elements and flirty lyrics with a fancy beat. This is perhaps Rhett's best dance anthem yet. (“Baby you and me can leave right now/ Ditch all your friends, the guy you came with / Get to know you where it ain't so loud / You and me alone, some old moonlit road / When the two of us could disappear / Just say the word, we'll get outta here / Baby you and me could leave right now / Meet me out back if you like how that sounds")
“Smooth Like Summer" is a summer groove about being youthful and spontaneous. It is another track has a strong pop vibes accompanied by story-telling country lyrics. (“Smooth like the summer / Smooth like the summer / Go on and groove like a lover / With your backseat love / Tearin' clothes off each other all night / Smooth like the summer / Smooth like summer")
Inspired by his wife Lauren, “Sweetheart" thanks her for loving him and recognizes how lucky Rhett feels that she gave him her heart. (“Sweetheart, God could've never made two / Nobody quite like you / Oh, sweetheart, one kiss and I come unglued / You are the reason I fall to pieces / Cause you're all that I adore / You're the one my heart beats for / And I cant believe you gave your sweet heart to me")
“Kiss Me Like a Stranger" is a slow-tempo, smooth, and romantic song, with affectionate lyrics. (“Kiss me like a stranger / Baby hold me like we've never met / Every touch a little danger like / Like you ain't gotten used to me yet / Strike a match, light the fuse / You and I we could use some reckless behavior / So baby kiss me like a stranger")
In an interview with The Boot, Rhett discusses the album, saying “There was a ton of discussion … about how do these songs get to co-exist on the same record. But … at the end of the day, it's all me and all things I've listened to and been inspired by. I think that's what makes it a cohesive Thomas Rhett album."
The country superstar is currently making his way around to different cities to promote the album. Order Life Changes here.
Life Changes track listing:
1. Craving You ft. Maren Morris (written by
Dave Barnes, Julian Bunetta)
2. Unforgettable (written by Thomas Rhett, Jesse Frasure, Ashley Gorley, Shane McAnally)
3. Sixteen (written by Thomas Rhett, Sean Douglas, Joe Spargur)
4. Drink a Little Beer ft. Rhett Akins (written by Rhett Akins, Jesse Frasure, Ben Hayslip)
5. Marry Me (written by Thomas Rhett, Jesse Frasure, Ashley Gorley, Shane McAnally)
6. Leave Right Now (written by Thomas Rhett, Julian Bunetta, Edward Drewett, John Henry Ryan)
7. Smooth Like the Summer (written by Thomas Rhett, Jesse Frasure, Shane McAnally, Josh Osborne)
8. Life Changes (written by Thomas Rhett, Rhett Akins, Jesse Frasure, Ashley Gorley)
9. When You Look Like That (written by Jessi Alexander, Matt Dragstrem, David Lee Murphy)
10. Sweetheart (written by Thomas Rhett, Rhett Akins, Sean Douglas, Joe Spargur)
11. Kiss Me Like a Stranger (written by Thomas Rhett, Dave Barnes, Jordan Reynolds)
12. Renegades (written by Thomas Rhett, Julian Bunetta, John Henry Ryan)
13. Gateway Love (written by Thomas Rhett, Sean Douglas, Sam Ellis, Emily Weisband)
14. Grave (written by Chris DeStefano, Hillary Lindsey, Josh Miller)
You May Also Like...
Article | September 08, 2017
Article | September 07, 2017
For the last four years, Luke Bryan has headed down to the sandy beaches of Riviera Maya, Mexico to... VIEW ALL