In a recent interview, Kip Moore shared details on his upcoming album Slowheart as well as some personal insight into his world as a successful artist.
Slowheart is due out on September 8, and will feature 13 tracks, 11 of which were co-written by Moore. A few of the record's tracks include “Bittersweet Company," “Just Another Girl" and “Guitar Man," which is a song that Moore describes as “my life story." “More Girls Like You," is also the first single from the country singer's third studio album, which is out now.
If you're a fan of the country star, then you know he's the type of artist that leaves it all on the stage and the track. Slowheart serves as an open letter to fans, offering insight into his views on maturing into a modern man and the desires to have a family, but the reality of also wanting to remain unattached. Moore's album is full of contradictions that help fans to get a little more understanding into his complex persona as an artist and as an individual. "I'm just one of those kinds of artists going wide open as fast as I can, and one day I might just stop,“ Moore says. "Not altogether, but a large part of me could end up walking away from it."
Artist: Kip Moore. Photo: Kevin Winter, Getty Images
The country sensation also adds that while music is his priority, the career he's built around it can have its side affects. "I believe in music so much, and I care so much, that it's a double-edged sword," Moore says. “It's what has made me successful, and it's what has made me a depressed human being at times. I face that pendulum swing so much. The toils of facing a crowd, 175 shows a year. Maybe other artists can have a show that is not that great and walk away. Me? I will spiral. I'll think of that one despondent face in the crowd and ask, 'Why couldn't I sway that one person?' That's the fiery human being I am."
Find Moore's album this coming September and check out the record's track list below.
Kip Moore, Slowheart Track Listing:
1. “Plead the Fifth" (Luke Dick, Josh Kear)
2. “Just Another Girl" (Kip Moore, Westin Davis, Ben Helson)
3. “I've Been Around" (Kip Moore, Dan Couch)
4. “Fast Women" (Kip Moore, Blair Daly, Westin Davis, Troy Verges)
5. “Bitter Sweet Company" (Kip Moore, Josh Miller, Troy Verges)
6. “Sunburn" (Kip Moore, David Garcia, Josh Miller, Steven Olsen)
7. “More Girls Like You" (Kip Moore, Steven Olsen, Josh Miller, David Garcia)
8. “The Bull" (Jon Randall, Luke Dick)
9. “Blonde" (Kip Moore, Steven Olsen, Josh Miller, David Garcia)
10. “Good Thing" (Kip Moore, Josh Miller, Troy Verges)
11. “Last Shot" (Kip Moore, Dan Couch, David Lee Murphy)
12. “Try Again" (Kip Moore, David Garcia, Josh Miller)
13. “Guitar Man" (Kip Moore, Dan Couch, Westin Davis)